On-going Marketing and Communications Planning and Support
The Denver Urban Renewal Authority, a redevelopment agency engaged in blight elimination in the City of Denver, required executive-level media relations, community engagement, marketing and collateral expertise; but not on a full time basis. To fill these needs, they retained the Abels Communication Company over a four year period.
AbelsComm served as DURA’s part-time Communications leader; developing and implementing all communications and marketing programs while providing counsel to the Board of Commissioners, Executive Director, and staff.
AbelsComm developed or provided:
- Strategic communications and marketing plan and priorities
- Audience prioritization and key messaging
- Press releases, conferences and advisories, talking points, media response, reactive Q&A preparedness and media follow-up
- Agendas, scripts and logistics for press conferences, media and community briefings
- Collateral materials — concepts, copy, supervision and printing.
- Counsel to Board and Staff for sensitive or potentially controversial issues
- Liaison with City and State offices and officials for communications activities
Samples and stories available upon request:
- Positive press coverage throughout the Front Range — with dozens of stories secured
Rocky Mountain News
Denver Business Journal
Colorado Business Magazine
- Successful press conferences and follow-up for redevelopment projects
- Counsel and readiness for sensitive or controversial situations
- New press kit, fact sheets, speeches and other information
- Four annual reports, marketing materials, presentations, and brochures
AbelsComm provided DURA’s Board and Executive Director with the marketing communication leadership they needed and the expertise (and results) they required.