AT&T’s Wireless Divisions Tap AbelsComm — Twice!
Cingular Benefits from Interim Communications Leadership
When the former AT&T Wireless became Cingular, AbelsComm was retained to provide media relations activities to introduce the Cingular brand and its new CEO to the media throughout the region. A few years later, AbelsComm was retained for a seven-month period to provide part-time communications and media relations leadership, including orchestrating a major press conference for a new customer care facility.
- Media relations — Press releases, briefings, advisories, talking points, media pitching and response, follow-up and support
- Media training/preparation for executive leadership, including potential Q&A
- Press conference events for brand transition and customer care center opening
- Scripts/agendas and executive remarks for all press events and briefings
- Planning/counsel for quarterly operations reviews and sales activities
- Numerous TV and newspaper stories throughout Colorado, Utah and Idaho
Rocky Mountain News
Pueblo Chieftain #1
Pueblo Chieftain #2
- Enhanced messages and materials for sales and store representatives
- One-on-one media interviews with key business reporters
- Seamless coordinnation with national communications executives
- Sharpened marketing messages, presentations and collateral materials
In the absence of a full-time staff member, Cingular utilized AbelsComm to maintain strong public/media relations activities in an industry engaged in constant change. While this support was only part-time, the results were comparable with (or exceeded) full-time staff members.