To get 2019 rolling, I respectfully present my New Marketing Rules for your communications, awareness-building, community outreach and crisis preparedness consideration.
So, with apologies to Bill Maher, here are the:
New Marketing Rules
- Well informed employees are your critical link to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Digital / social media is not the only tactic. There are others which may be more effective.
- Reach stakeholders how they choose to engage with you. Similarly, don’t just tell them how to find you.
- Your outbound emails are not fully read and your website isn’t on anyone’s Favorites list.
- Clutter kills. All of your efforts must be clear and concise in order to “stick” with your key audiences.
- Customers and prospects value personal interaction which provides timely, accurate information.
- Robocalls (automated outbound sales calls) do not enhance your brand and reputation.
- When creating video for any screen (TV, phone, computer), be sure your logo or brand name is always visible.
- Consistent and coordinated messaging & materials are a must in order for your organization to be successful.
- And finally, the appropriate response to “thank you” is “you’re welcome.”
By adopting these New Marketing Rules, your efforts will definitely have a greater impact. Happy 2019 and best wishes for a safe, healthy and successful year!