Nocerino Editions and Christopher & Company
Buffalo Bill Rides Again With Digitization of 122 Year-Old Billboard
Nocerino Editions, a Denver digital fine arts printing company, was commissioned to digitally scan an original outdoor billboard posting (9 feet high by 28 feet wide) created in 1887 for the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show’s performance for Her Majesty Queen Victoria. Collector Christopher & Company purchased the 122 year-old posting with the eventual goal of selling it to a museum or historical society.
AbelsComm was engaged to generate awareness for both the digital conversion done by Nocerino Editions and the billboard’s showing at Christopher & Co. Contact was strategically made with only Denver three media outlets — with placements obtained on KUSA-TV (9News) and the Denver Business Journal (DBJ).
AbelsComm created and initiated the following activities:
- Key messaging and positioning
- Customized media advisories, materials and pitching
- Media training for spokespeople at both companies
- 9News: Three-minute TV segment plus promos ran multiple times on KUSA-TV, Denver’s top-rated station.
- Denver Business Journal: Half-page story with two photos in print/electronic editions.
The TV coverage and DBJ article highlighted Nocerino Editions and Christopher & Company in exceptional detail. Web traffic and phone calls increased. References and work samples are, of course, available upon request.