Interim Communications Leadership Sharpens Goals & Priorities, Refines Processes and Improves Communications Materials
The Colorado-Wyoming Chapter of the National MS Society found itself without a Marketing Director ahead of its critical event and program season. Abels Communication Company was retained to evaluate the organization’s current efforts, develop effective strategies and tactics, enhance current communications materials and create a smooth transition after hiring a new full-time Marketing Director.
Over a one-year period, AbelsComm worked on an “Interim” basis with Chapter CEO and staff to develop and prioritize strategic communications goals while creating new materials to meet all existing deadlines and commitments. Specific AbelsComm elements included:
- Communications audit, audience / message matrix, talking points and calls-to-action
- New procedures / processes to eliminate bottlenecks and reduce development times
- 300 print, electronic and communication projects – all on time and on budget
- Eliminating existing electronic newsletter and replacing it with five regional editions
- Serving on Senior Management Team; counsel and input into all Chapter activities
- Day-to-day guidance for in-house graphic designer, freelancers and vendors
- Hiring new full-time Marketing Communications Director (re-writing job description, interviewing etc.)
- 400% increase in readership for new MS Update regional electronic publications
- Generated 30% savings in staff time through new communications procedures for copy, design, approvals and printing
- Evaluated over 100 candidates when hiring new full-time Marketing Director
AbelsComm provided the seamless transition from “no staff” to a new full-time Marketing Director by establishing new strategic directions and managing all existing communications projects. Full details, work samples and references are available on request.